Why is This Important?
Intro and closing messaging for ConveyIQ provide recruiters an opportunity to set expectations around the interview process and highlight company culture. These intro/closing messages are displayed before and after the candidate completes an interview, and accompany the intro and closing videos for On-Demand interviews only.
You can create company-wide intro and closing templates under the ‘Settings’ homepage. Templates can be found at the bottom half of the screen. These templates will auto populate from company settings when creating a new position.
The intro message is a chance to ease the candidate into the process and let them know this step is designed to get to know them better. An effective intro message:
- Tells candidates why they’re taking a video interview.
- Provides the approximate time to complete.
- Provides candidates with technical and ConveyIQ Support information needed to complete the session.
The closing message provides an opportunity for recruiters to set more expectations about the interview process. An effective closing message includes:
- A thank you message to candidates for taking the video interview.
- A timeframe for when candidates can expect to hear back.
Intro + Closing Message Examples (On-Demand Only)
You can create a position-wide template under the ‘Settings’ homepage (templates below).
Note: This section will be populated with the original template provided by your CSM, but it can be customized as you see fit.
This template will also auto populate when creating a new position, but the text can be edited during setup to convey pertinent information specific to the position.
Introduction Message Template
Thank you for taking the time to tell us more about you. This video interview is your time to tell us who you are beyond the resume. This gives us a chance to introduce you to the right people, and get back to you quicker. The process should take about 15-20 minutes to complete and will require a webcam and microphone.
If you encounter any difficulties powering up your webcam or getting started, please email email@example.com or click the "Help" icon at the bottom right.
Some quick tips for your interview:
- Don't worry about the time, focus on the question - an awesome answer that's 30 seconds is much better than a mediocre two minute answer. When you have finished your answer, click 'continue' to end the recording.
- Don't worry if you stumble - we aren't robots and don't expect you to be either.
- Don't read your responses - we've read your resume and would much rather hear from you!
- Have fun! Want to get to know what interests, excites and drives you.
Closing Message Template
Thank you again for taking the time to walk us through your background. Again, any technical questions can be answered by clicking the "Help" button on the right.
We are excited to review your video interview and look forward to learning more about you. We'll get back to you within [ideally 2-5 days]. Thank you again for taking the time to complete this video interview!