Departments are a great way to organize your dashboard and help recruiters with their workflow. Using this feature allows you to add a label (or department) to the positions you are creating.
The following will review how to add and edit departments as well as setting department permissions.
Please note: once a department is created, there is no way to remove that department.
Adding a Department
1. Navigate to the company 'Settings' tab (you must have administrator permissions)
2. Under 'Departments,' type in the department name in the white box, and click 'Add.'
The naming convention should be something that is useful to you and your team. Departments can help accomplish:
- Allowing recruiters to only see positions they are working on
- Customize the candidate experience for certain positions, programs, regions, or different brands
- Better organize positions based on business function
- Better organize positions based on region, location, etc.
Department names also have the ability to be edited after they have been created. When hovering over a department name you will see three icons.
The pencil icon allows you to edit the department name. Once updated, all positions created under the old department name will auto update to the new naming convention.
This eye icon allows you to go directly into that department and make any changes that need to be done.
What can you customize in each department?
- Introduction and closing videos
- Introduction and closing messages
- Custom Question bank
To make for a better user experience, restrict the user’s permission so they only see positions and candidate submissions that pertain to them.
Note: All settings at the company level will trickle down to the department level, but you do have the option of setting department specific permission. This includes the logo, custom question bank, users, and intro and closing text and videos.
If you need more information about users in departments, click here