This article will walk you through everything that is needed to complete a successful live interview with a candidate.
What You Need to Get Started
- A Webcam enabled Mac or Windows PC
- A strong internet connection
- An updated version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. (Ask us about Internet Explorer as well!)
- Complete a tech check with a member of the TTI team, prior to sending out your first candidate invite.
- Please note that you are unable to take a live interview from a smartphone or tablet.
Getting Started with your Live Interview
You should either have created the live interview link in the platform or received an email/calendar invite which includes the interview link (see ‘Candidate Interview Invitations’ for additional information).
1) To get started, simply click on the link or copy and paste it into the appropriate browser.
2) After clicking the invitation link, you will be prompted to enter your email address before beginning. Please enter the same email address used to create the interview then click "Join Now". If you are having trouble joining, click the "Char with us" icon on the bottom left side of the page.
3) Next, allow access to your camera and microphone as shown below.
4) Now, test your microphone and internet connection. Please speak for the entire duration of the microphone test.
5) If your microphone is operating properly, our system will test your internet connection.
6) Once our system has verified the quality of your internet connection, click CONTINUE to move to the next step.
7) Click JOIN INTERVIEW to connect with your candidate.
8) Once the candidate finishes their tech check and enters the waiting room, your interview will begin. You should see yourself in the bottom right hand corner.
Features within the Live Interview
At the top right corner of the interview screen, you should see five icons; a camera, a microphone, a white telephone, a question mark and a red telephone.
- The camera icon turns off your camera. You can turn the camera off to improve the audio quality of the interview.
- The microphone icon turns off your audio
- The question mark will direct you to our Help Center.
- The red telephone icon will end your interview. Please do not press this icon until you are sure the interview has ended.
If your determine that the interview can no longer be conducted using the video platform due to bandwidth issues, you may click the telephone icon. This will transfer your interview to voice-only call. Your call will still be recorded.
Once your interview is complete, click the red telephone icon and you’re all set!