To successfully complete an On-Demand video questionnaire, make sure to follow the following guidelines:
- Find a quiet location. Make sure you complete your questionnaire in a location where you won't be interrupted by others. If you are in a location where others are present, make sure they know that you are interviewing and not to disturb you.
- Give yourself plenty of time so you don’t get cut short. To be sure, allow 1 hour so you have plenty of time to set up, practice, and record your questions.
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection. It may help to use an ethernet cable, or to position yourself closer to your wireless router.
- Make sure you are well lit. Lighting is important when it comes to a video questionnaire. Avoid back lit environments as well (such as sitting in front of a wall with windows behind you).
- Take your time. You can take as much time as you need in between questions. Don’t feel like you need to complete the questionnaire all at once. Additionally, you can logout and login between questions.
- Enjoy Yourself. It’s easy to forget that a video questionnaire is supposed to be a barometer of a match between you and your ideal company, so show your qualifications and your personality.
For more tips, check out HubSpot's blog post on digital interviewing!