Quick View of Building Convey Communication Campaigns
Convey is built so that you set-up messaging at the ‘Department’ level, which will be copied to every position in that department. You can then make further messaging customization at the ‘position’ level so that you can be that much more specific and communicate differently at steps that may be unique to each position.
1. To start building messaging for a department, first navigate to your Departments tab and select the department you’d like to edit (click anywhere along the white space or the arrow all the way to the right of the screen).
2. To create a campaign for a specific status, select the row of the status. You’ll be brought to the campaign builder page. A Status in Convey reflects a stage in your hiring process for this department (i.e. candidate applied, invited to in-person interview, etc.). These statuses are the exact stages reflected in your ATS.
3. The campaign builder page will be your home base for making changes to a campaign. This is where you’ll customize the content of messages, designate reply-to emails and assign the number and type of messages that a candidate receives
To start, choose a template to use under the Choose Template dropdown menu. Don’t worry, all messaging is customizable once a template is selected (or you can stick with what’s already written). We have pre-populated the platform with best-practices templates for logical activities throughout the hiring process.
4. Once a template is selected you’ll see either an email window, a SMS window or both. You may also see multiple sets of emails or SMS’ messages if your campaign has multiple steps. Once your template messaging has populated, you can start making changes by clicking on the pencil icon in the lower right of each message window.
There are various customizations available which are listed below:
- Toggle on/off SMS sending
- Toggle on/off email sending
- Change the email subject line
- Change the email reply-to email address (this is the address that will receive all email responses from candidates)
There are various other customizations available in the email builder which are listed below:
- Bold, italicize or underline text
- Change the font and size of font
- Insert a bullet list
- Change the text colors
- Add photos, gifs or logos
- Insert links
- Insert Call to Action Buttons
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the toggle and save buttons.
If you would like changes at the Department level to override the any further custom campaign you’ve set up on Position level (of this department)l, toggle the “Apply campaign to all overridden positions” toggle ON. If you want to keep changes made at the Position level regardless of changes made at the Department level, leave this toggled OFF.
Once you are finished making your changes and edits, scroll down, click save and you’re finished! This campaign will now apply to all positions in the selected department for this stage in the hiring process.