Contributors: Shannon Weber, David Ryan, Kevin Character
Ready, set, Campus! It's a sentiment recruiters everywhere can relate to as the fall internship and campus recruiting season nears. Take the Interview's one way On-Demand platform is particularly becoming a big player in college recruiting operations - saving TA professionals time, helping expand their candidate reach and for being able to facilitate very quick feedback loops with hiring managers. Before you consider hitting the ground running by sending your first round of invitations, here are a few quick tips to keep in mind:
1) Prep and Work with Your Hiring Managers
It all starts here. Take the Interview can be a powerful tool, but without the buy-in or operational savviness of your hiring managers, it'll be difficult to have a successful campus run. It is important that you work with the hiring manager to talk about what the hiring process will look like, and clearly identify where TTI will fit for each role. If you have access to previous TTI recordings, the kickoff meeting could be a great opportunity for managers to not only tell you but 'show' you the type of candidate they're looking for too. It is equally as important that hiring managers understand how to use the TTI software. The way in which you solicit feedback in your process may vary, but HERE's a great guide to help get managers started navigating their TTI view.
2) Two Ways TTI On-Demand can Steal the Show
Looking for ideas on how to use On-Demand video interviews to ensure their campus strategy is successful and efficient? Here are are two strategies that do just that:
- Prior to a campus visit: You’re planning your rigorous campus season. You have to hit X schools in X weeks/days. Early indication is that there is a ton of interest from the various student bodies, but will you really have time to meet them all? Will you really be able to evaluate them thoroughly enough to find those “rockstars”? Most likely not. This is where the On-Demand video interview comes in. Before you even make the trip, invite all qualified applicants to take an On-Demand video interview. After reviewing the completed interviews, you’ll be able to easily identify your top candidates and schedule time to meet them in-person during your campus visit.
- After a campus visit: You’ve just gotten back. You met countless candidates who are excited about your company. How will you possibly have the time to talk with all of them and determine who’s the right fit? Phones screens take 30 minutes! There aren’t enough hours in the day! Fear not. On-Demand video interviews were born for this very situation. You can simply invite candidates to take an On-Demand video interview, review their submissions as they come in, and identify top candidates to invite to the next steps in your process.
3) How to Win Even When You're Not Visiting Campuses
So visiting campuses isn’t your thing, and you need a remote option? TTI can be your best asset this campus season. If you’re hiring new graduates or looking for spring interns, TTI On-Demand and Live can help expand your reach beyond local students. First, you’ll want to make sure you’re reaching out to selected university career centers to post on their job boards. After candidates begin applying, a combination of On-Demand and Live can be used to screen these candidates. On-Demand is often used in place of a recruiter phone screen. It allows for candidates to be reviewed side-by-side, and for hiring managers to provide their feedback too. Live can replace those on-campus interviews with 2-way video conversation. Plus, you can guide hiring managers to ask the right questions by adding those questions to any position in TTI. With the Live recording option turned on, these interviews can also be shared for final decision making.