If you are receiving the message “Hardware access required. Please allow access to your camera and microphone to continue” please follow the steps below.
- If you have not done so already, please switch over to Google Chrome. If you are already on Chrome, ensure that the browser is up to date.
- Make sure any and all applications that might use your microphone or camera are closed. The easiest way to ensure they are closed is by going to the task manager on your computer (Ctrl + Alt + Delete).
- Programs that might be using your camera include:
- Skype, FaceTime, PhotBooth
- Please also make sure that any browser-based video conferencing tool is also closed, especially Google Hangouts or Facebook
If you are still having trouble, it might be best to restart your computer or to move over to our smartphone application to complete the interview.