We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an unwanted echo during your interview. Please follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- If you have not done so, please switch over to Google Chrome. If you or the other party is using Internet Explorer, this could explain the echo. We strongly suggest switching browsers to Google Chrome no matter what.
- If you have switched over to Google Chrome and the other party is also using Chrome, please follow the steps below.
- Please try plugging in headphones with a microphone attached or a headset. We highly recommend using headphones over the internal speakers and microphone.
- If you do not have any of the devices listed above, please try turning down the volume on your computer. Sometimes, your computer’s microphone will pick up sound from the speakers, causing an echo.
- If you are using external speakers, please make sure they are placed far enough away from the microphone you are using. If they are too close your computer will mistakenly generate an echo.