If you are the only person in your live interview and the time is past when it was supposed to start, here’s what you should do:
- Relax and take a deep breath -- sometimes people are just late (see below)
- Ensure that the time zone for your interview is correct. Sometimes interviews are scheduled for different time zones.
- Wait a few minutes and take the extra time to look at your notes. Think of these few minutes as advantageous!
- If you don’t see your interviewer within 8-10 minutes on the other end, send them a polite email to make sure you aren’t missing anything or the interview wasn’t moved.
Here’s why you shouldn’t panic:
- Recruiters and Hiring Managers are busy and they could easily be stuck in another meeting or running to their conference room.
- You are exactly where you need to be as the candidate at the right time. If the technology looks good, no need to add extra stress before you nail your interview.