Is your Live interview telling you your microphone isn't working? The steps below should help fix that:
- If you have not done so already, please switch over to Google Chrome for the best experience. You can download Chrome, for free at www.google.com/chrome.
- Are you using an internal (Built-In) microphone or an external headset or headphones?
- If you are using an Internal mic, are there any other programs open (Skype, FaceTime, Photobooth) on the computer? If so, please close out of all of these applications and refresh the page. These programs tend to interfere with the microphone when using TTI.
- If you are using an external device, please follow these three quick steps:
- In Chrome, you should see a camera icon on the right side of the URL bar.
- Click the camera icon and change the drop-down menu to the external device you are using and press ‘Done’
- Refresh the page
- If you are still having trouble passing the microphone check, please restart your computer. If the issue still persists, please use the live chat button within your Live interview during operating hours to chat with a support representative.