March 16, 2017
Welcome to our public release note for TTI Video Version 3.0.0, our mobile application for Android and iOS mobile phones. This is our third generation of mobile application, and our best yet.
Here are some things that have changed:
- French Translations: Historically, when completing on-demand questionnaires, French Canadian candidates have been limited to desktop/laptop computers. TTI On-Demand has French translations enabled, allowing candidates to take video questionnaires in both English and French-Canadian!
- Practice Questionnaire: We created a practice questionnaire, allowing candidates to simulate the experience to get more comfortable before proceeding to their real On-Demand questionnaire.
- Equipment Setup: Our previous mobile app, Version 2.2.2 connected to a candidate’s camera/microphone with no formal setup step. TTI users will now be taken through an equipment tech check, which will confirm that candidates are able to see and hear themselves clearly.
- Connectivity: All previous versions of our mobile application used to require a strong wifi signal in order to progress candidates through a questionnaire. This was inconvenient, especially for users in areas without access to reliable internet connections. Now, candidates can complete their video questionnaires using wifi or their phone’s data plan.
- Mobile Dashboard: TTI's mobile application will now direct candidates to a dashboard. Here, users can see any and all on-demand questionnaires associated with their account, the status of those questionnaires, and any hard deadlines (if set). For candidates this will provide a snapshot of video questionnaire progress, and for employers, its an opportunity for additional company branding (through logos)
- Portrait/Landscape: Previous versions of our application forced candidates on mobile to answer written response questions in landscape mode. Now, users can navigate through the app in both portrait and landscape modes (although video responses will have to be given in landscape)
- UI Changes: In the past, a candidate answering video questions on mobile would read their question during prep time and as soon as recording began, the question would disappear. The candidate would be left to stare at their reflection while giving an answer, and as you can imagine, this was a bit disconcerting for some people. Now, video response questions will remain persistent during recording; maintaining focus on the question and improving overall comfort with the process. This might be a bit confusion, so check out this image.
Video Response - Transition Countdown: We have had countless instances in which candidates have started giving their response during the prep time (so half of their answer is not recorded), or they did not notice that prep time had expired, and therefore sat silently during part of their video recording. In order to mitigate these issues, we have added a 3 second transitional countdown. When prep time has expired, the candidate will see a 3 second countdown appear over their video feed. Our hope is that this will make it more obvious that prep time has expired and recording will begin.